This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

a visit to Ireland

By Billie Powell
2006-12-06 02:15:30

I am planning a visit next year. What I would like is to tour the country independent of a tour group. Any suggestions on how I can manage this?

By Doug
2006-12-06 14:24:45

Ireland is a great place to tour and you can save a lot of money and see a lot more things without a tour group. It depends on how independant you want to be, I usually buy the latest edition of :"Let's Go -- Ireland." It is put out by college students who like to travel on a very small budget and tells how to find enexpensive places to stay and eat, and also lists places to tour in each area or town. One tip that I find to be useful is that in just about every town there is a tourist center, they can tell you about places to visit and even book places to stay and also book local tours.  
If you would like to have more information on traveling in Ireland from this american's prespective just send me an e-mail, I really enjoy talking about Ireland, I've been there many times and am presently planning a visit for next year. 
Good luck.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events