This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

1st visit to Ireland

By Angela
2007-01-11 01:40:28

I am considering visiting Ireland this year, from the USA, and am feeling overwhelmed about where to even begin. If I stay in Dublin, will I be missing things in other areas I won't get to? What are things in Ireland that are an absolute must to see? Any help is much appreciated. I will be getting some books to help me too. 
Thanks in advance~ 

By Virginia
2007-01-11 04:49:58

This will be our 1st visit to Ireland also. In addition to Angela's questions, I would like to know, is it difficult to drive in Ireland. We are use to driving on the right side of the highway. What is the practice in Ireland? Right or left? 
Thanks. Virginia

By Karon Travel
2007-02-16 19:29:56

Hi Angela and Virginia, 
Must see: Book of Kells in Dublin, Newgrange in Co. Meath, Waterford Crystal factory, The Ring of Kerry, The Burren and Cliffs of Moher in Co. Clare, Connemara in Galway/Mayo. And shopping!! 
We drive on the left - takes some getting used to but lots of US visitors do it successfully!! If you're interested in private transport/guided tour and help with planning, let me know. Rgds, 

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events