This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Transportation options

By Carl Powell
2007-02-10 01:21:39

Next May 2008, I will be coming to Ireland with my wife, brother, his wife and my 84 year old Mother-in-law. We will be going to Ballina to find family on my wifes side of the family. I have yet to determine whether to fly into Shannon or Dublin. Does anyone know my options for transportation from bothof these airport adn approximately the cost. We also do not necessarily need direct transportation as we would like to see some of Ireland. Approximate dates will be the first week of May for approximately 10 days. Thank you

By Editor
2007-02-11 23:42:56

I would say the best option for you is to fly to Dublin, hire a car and drive. There are trains to Ballina three times daily, but the journey would take almost four hours. To do this you would first have to get from Dublin airport to Heuston Station in Dublin. 
You can find information on the trains on the Irish Rail website
I would say your quickest and easiest option is to rent a car. You can book this on this page

By Karon Travel
2007-02-12 12:03:04

Hi Carl, 
While hiring your own car is certainly an option, if you want a stress-free vacation, you might consider a chauffeured option. Karon Travel is based 15 minutes from Shannon, and we are ideally placed to cover the West of Ireland. Pricelist on our website Let me know if you're interested. 
Hugh Carthy

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events