This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Education in Ireland

By Peter Simon Broughal
2007-02-12 21:02:31

Good day to you, 

My name is Peter Simon Broughal and I am a first generation Irish American. My father was born in Dublin in 1905 and came to the USA in 1924 as a member of the Irish National Football team. He meet my mother Betty Bellew on the boat and I have 1 sister.  

I would like to know if there are any education grants or programs that have been put aside for children of first generation Irish American children. The reason I ask this question is because I meet a man who visited Ireland and he told that in the 1960’s John F Kennedy set up a program with the government of Ireland for some education grants and that he said that these programs are still available today. 

Can you help me find out about this?? If not, maybe you might be able to send me in the right direction. 

Thank you for your considerations to this request.  

We look forward to our response. 
Sincerely, 

Peter S. Broughal 
Direct Line 503-467-9699 
pbroughal@northernpower.com 

By Diane Broughel Curley
2007-03-24 04:44:19

I have no information re: education in Ireland as I am from NY. I am interested in family roots and wonder if your family,Broughal,has roots in Kill, County Kildare?  

By Diane Broughel Curley
2007-03-24 04:44:24

I have no information re: education in Ireland as I am from NY. I am interested in family roots and wonder if your family,Broughal,has roots in Kill, County Kildare?  

By stephen
2007-04-08 21:23:50

i live in dublin and have roots in county kildare can i be of any help

By Anne Bittle
2007-11-09 18:05:39

Addresses

How can I find an address in Ireland?My cousin Mary Hyland lives 
in The Demense , Mt. Bellew, galway, is this the correct mailing address? 

Anne Bittle (Mc guire) 
38 Logan Ave 
Glenolden, Pa. 19036 

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. We can't read my Mom's phone book. 

annebans1@yahoo.com, or call collect on 610-534-2112, I'm sorry I don't know the United Staes overseas dialing code.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Subject:
Please enter the two words into the textbox above. This helps prevent spam messages being posted to our message board.

Find Accommodation

Type:
Dest:
Arrive:
Depart:

Ireland Events

To:
County:
Type: