This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

By jenny lane
2007-03-26 19:44:23

Hey everyone. I'm going to be visiting Dublin this summer, from Ontario, Canada. I've been studying some maps of the city, but my question is this: is there a bus or train or something that can get me to a view of the ocean from Dublin in a day? I'd really like to see it. Thanks!

By Ray
2007-03-28 20:32:16

Depends on what you're looking for really. When you say "ocean"... if you mean the Atlantic Ocean, then you're talking about getting to the west coast, Galway or Clare probably being the nearest and quickest access. You can get the aircoach (or taxi) from the airport to Dublin city centre, then get a bus from "Busaras" bus depot to Galway or Clare, or wherever you decide. Average road trip to Galway would take about 3 hours (about 130 miles). After you get to Galway, for example, you would then need to go out the coast a few miles, nearest point probably Salthill, but better views further west. (You could also get a train from Heuston Station in Dublin which might be quicker). If time is precious, you might be better off hiring a car.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events