This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Better tour: North or South (by rail)

By rebecca
2007-03-26 23:37:29

Going to Ireland for a few days and want to take a tour (by rail) either North (i.e. Glens of Antrim, rope bridge, Bushmills distillery, etc) or South (Ring of Kerry, Dingle Bay, Lakes of Killarney, etc).  
Which would you suggest is the better trip for fantastic scenery? We want to experience all of Ireland's splendor in the short day time we have there... 

By Ray
2007-03-28 20:39:22

Whilst there's no doubting the fabulous scenery down around Kerry, I think it is very "touristy" these days, so it depends what your preference is really. It's a four to five hour spin down there also, but then you might like to take in a few towns on the way? Your alternative of heading north is good also; less panoramic scenery probably, but still interesting, and you might get around a bit quicker. Keep in mind that you would actually be heading into Northern Ireland, so sterling currency and prices versus Euro down south.

By Tir Conaill Abu!
2007-03-28 21:59:29

I think you would find no better scenery than heading west, Connemara, Mayo, and especially Donegal... a bit more mountainous and remote, but special!

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events