This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

old friends .dun laoireco dublin eire

By june doyle dempsey
2007-04-10 03:06:09

love to here from anyone from patrick st dun laoire.i lived at 38. left ireland 1957.worked at bradmola ,in blackrock any one remembers me . i live in vancouver canada.

By Reg Gray
2008-12-11 16:04:53

Hello June Dempsey. I did not live in Patrick St, but in Avoca Place,Blackrock and worked in Bradmola from 1949 to 1953. The factory manager was Bert Taylor. Did you work there at that time. I also left Dublin in 1957 to London and then to France where I lived for 42 years and now live mostly in London. Would love to contact some of my old friends from Bradmola ie., Jack Daly, Syke Heffernan, My mother was Mrs Gray who used to push the tea trolley round. You can see what I'm up to at

By Carol Jordan
2009-06-04 21:02:00

Hi there, 
My mam, grew up in Oliver Plunkett Villas between 1944 and 1964 and I'm online trying to find out about some places in DunLaoghaire where she worked so she can apply for her pension! Does anyone by any chance remember a factory on York Road that made umbrella's? I can't find anything on Google. Thanks! Carol

By Margaret Kelly Coffey
2011-04-26 23:19:14

Paddy Kelly

Looking for any photos that may still be around of workers in Bradmola ,my dad worked there in 1940 to early 1962.we lived in Williamstown on rock rd.You might even have some from his time with the FCA,he was called the father worked with the ambulance service in loughlinstown hospital any photos in uniform would be great ,I do know one was in a Sunday paper when he and his driver rescued someone from the sugar loaf his driver I think was Jack Dunleavy Sallynoggin.

By garrett hunter
2012-11-26 19:56:57

Hi all, I saw this message board whilst looking for the address of Bradmola because I am writing a death notice for my father who worked there for many years (until the early sixties). If any of you remember my Dad, Tommy Hunter (Blackrock)and are still in the area, there will be a funeral mass for him in St Michaels Church, Dunlaoghaire this Friday (30th November)at 10am. He was 95 years old. If you won't be there I would love to hear from anyone who knew my Da. All the best, Garret

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events