This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Ballyglunin Railway Station

By Janice Bartelt
2007-04-27 17:19:37

Does a Ballyglunin Railway Station actually exist, or was this just a set from the movie "The Quiet Man"? 
Planning a trip to Ireland next year and we want to see some of the things that were in the movie.  
Kindest regards, 
Janice Bartelt

By mary donnellan
2007-04-29 12:21:37

there is a place called Ballyglunin but it isnt in connemara where the quiet man was filmed and there is no active railway station there. There are tours from galway city which will include the places where the quiet man was filmed near Maam I think.

By Doug
2007-04-29 13:05:52

I took a tour once out of Galway that went to connemara and they took us to several places where "The Quiet Man" was filmed, they showed us the bridge where John Wayne and Barry Fitzgerald stopped and talked and also the remains of the hotel where the cast stayed during the filming. Then we stopped for a break at a nice hotel where they had a lot of pictures on the wall about the making of the movie. They also have a reproduction of the cottage that John Wayne bought but at the time I took the tour there had been a fire and the roof was gone so they did not take us by it.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events