This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

By Robert Burch
2007-05-08 22:35:40

On April 23 I sent an email to your address,followed up by reminder emails on 1 and 7 May. Still awaiting the courtesy of a reply, and a very unhappy potential client. Do you offer a reservation service for we tourists arriving on 15August, or do we need to make B&B bookings direct with suppliers? Can anyone help us?

By john mc
2007-05-09 22:01:01

suggestion; i travel from NY and have used the B&B choices from 
phone ahead and reserve the first 2 days or so...after that you can play it by ear. A B&B near a busline is a plus commute into a city like dublin. Moat Lodge in nearby Lucan has been good to me.

By john mc
2007-05-13 06:12:30

Thanks John for your suggestions. We will be travelling from New Zealand, even further than you, so want to have everything sorted well in advance, As we will be touring in August (mid summer), we don't want to risk having to sleep on a beach, with no bed! I am 83, with a "tin leg", so not fully mobile. One of my forebears joined the British Army early in the 1800"s, eventually serving in NZ, where he took his discharge, and never visited his homeland again. I will be visiting Athlone, where he enlisted, so that will be interesting, as well as seeing at least some the tourist spots in the South and West. 
I must say I was dissapointed to not receive any reply to my 3 emails to Dublin Tourist Board. 
Thanks once again 
Bob Burch

By john mcnamara
2007-05-14 03:14:07

Good to hear from you Bob. You have a good heritage! It will be great for you to experience the Emerald isle. 
A suggestion; if you are flying in to Dublin, go to and book a hotel near the airport, ( Clarion)one with free shuttle or taxi. with the jet lag, you will be glad to land and find some easy transportation to the hote and quick rest. I have some other suggestions do you want to e-mail me directly? 
John McNamara

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events