This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Cookstown Historical Society

By Don Montague
2007-05-31 08:39:20

Can anybody put me in touch with a committee or other member of this Society? I shall be in Cookstown 21-24 June 2007 and want to do some historical famiyl research there

By ken downie
2008-08-18 22:41:49

Re: trace mr DAVID GHENT

Hi does anyone know an old friend of mine called david ghent who lives in cookstown his post code is BT80 8QT just need an address or phone number. regards ken from england

By Mary-Eileen McClear
2017-04-02 02:20:35

schooling in Cookstown area circa 1825

My great-grandfather, Terence McAleer (b.1821), son of James McAleer (b.1792) and Sarah Ann Lagan, lived "four miles from Cookstown" until he was eleven at which point he, his mother, and sibs emigrated to the U.S. to join James who had gone before. I'm wondering what kind of education he would have had before he left Ireland. He had a great love of learning, and a fine poetic way of expressing himself.

By Gerry Magill
2017-06-11 02:18:02

Magill/Ramsay

William Magill of Dunmore House (1792-1881) married Mary Ramsay of Claggan in 1832. William was Presbyterian. Does anyone know where Mary is buried and if there is any inscription or dates on her grave? Thanks

By Mark McNally
2017-11-15 13:19:11

George Martin- Shivey

My grandfathers birth certificate 1882 shows him born at/near Shivey, Cookstown. Does Shivey still exist? I am in Cookstown in Sunday 19/11 (pm) and wonder if anyone can help? Thanks

By Mark McNally
2017-11-15 17:47:47

My grandfathers birth certificate 1882 shows him born at/near Shivey, Cookstown. Does Shivey still exist? I am in Cookstown in Sunday 19/11 (pm) and wonder if anyone can help? Thanks

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Subject:
Please enter the two words into the textbox above. This helps prevent spam messages being posted to our message board.

Find Accommodation

Type:
Dest:
Arrive:
Depart:

Ireland Events

To:
County:
Type: