This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

By A Atkinson
2007-11-12 07:57:55

April Atkinson 
26th October 2007 
Capital One 
PO Box5615 
NG2 3JT 
Dear Sir/ Madame, 
I recently stayed at a bed and breakfast in Dublin called ‘The Almara’ 226 Collins Avenue West, Whitehall, Dublin 9. From 12th oct07 to 14th oct 07.  
I Pre booked, and paid using my Capital One card, the sum of 232 euro which is roughly £167 for 2 nights bed and breakfast. 
The room was shabby and not very clean, the bathroom fittings were falling off the wall the room was very basic and cold. 
Breakfast on the first day was described as a full Irish breakfast which I chose and looked as if it had all been reheated from the day before. The orange juice had been put in glasses on the tables, obviously for some time as it was warm and slightly fermenting. The second day breakfast we asked if we could have boiled eggs and poached eggs. The boiled eggs were still raw and the poached eggs were passable. 
When I arrived and found it was so grim I tried to find somewhere else but as Dublin was so busy it was not possible. 
This Bed And Breakfast describes itself as an award winning B&B, what for and when I am now not sure. It also claims that the owners are 5star hotel trained management.  
Our experience of a greasy haired unshaven ‘Rigsby’ type character was more accurate. 
This was a birthday wk end treat which was spoiled , the actual value of this B&B would be close to a total of £50 and at that am being generous. 
As this was paid for by my credit card are you in a position to help me ? 
April Atkinson 

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events