This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Visiting Ireland for the first time

By Dawn
2007-12-27 00:00:53

I am trying to plan a surprise trip to Ireland for me and my husband in the spring. I have no idea where to begin. Should I fly into Dublin, Belfast etc... This is a dream vacation for. I know he doensn't want to be pinned down with a tourist group. He wants to see the beautiful country side, experience local pubs and talk to the locals. Can someone please provide some guidance on where to start.

By Paul
2007-12-27 15:11:54

Hi Dawn, 

Can I suggest the European Capital of Culture for 2005 - Cork. It sounds like it has everything you need in terms of country side and the "Local Experience". Feel free to visit my website for Hotels/Restaurants/taxi's etc (www.citylocal.ie/cities/Cork) or feel free to email me. 

Good Luck. 

Paul

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Subject:
Please enter the two words into the textbox above. This helps prevent spam messages being posted to our message board.

Find Accommodation

Type:
Dest:
Arrive:
Depart:

Ireland Events

To:
County:
Type: