This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Obtaining a Birth Certificate

By Camille May
2008-01-04 07:53:42

I'd like to try and obtain the birth certificate of my Great-Grandmother, Anna Elizabeth Wilson (28 JUN 1912) who I'm fairly sure was born in Cork, Ireland. (It's possible she also lived in "Damoily" and/or "Markethill" as well, according to the 1921 New York passenger list for the Carmania.) 
From my what Aunt tells me, Wilson seems to be a very popular Irish last name, and Cork is huge. I'm wondering if there is any way to narrow the search, and if so, what do I have to do to obtain my Great-Grandmother's birth certificate if it can be found? 
Thank You, 
~Camille May~

By Seoirse
2008-01-07 00:26:20

Photocopies and certified birth Certificates are issued by General Register Office Ireland - see for details. There is no online search facility or ordering service.  
For family trees, photocopies of birth certificates are what you need, giving parents names and place of birth. For passport applications, certified copies are required.  
There are many good research agents with online ordering service available. See for details

By trisha
2009-02-02 15:56:34

you can now order your birth death and marriage certificate online on irelands only online sertivicate service. it will be posted to you within 1-2- working days just log on to or phone 01 801 33 33 why stand in line when you can go online

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events