This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

By dave holehouse
2008-04-29 16:59:31

my wife and my self have just arrived back from 4 days in dublin 21 4 08 have never seen so many beggers in one place in our lives from the hotel camden delux to temple bar we were stopped and asked for money 8 times in temple bar we weretopped 4 times by romanian gypsies with babies in their arms also drunks sleeping in sleeping bags on the main pavements we had to step over them plus the amount of young men begging holding out plastic cups for you to put money in was unbelieveable we felt threatend and uncomfortable the taxi drivers repeatedly told us to be very carefull as a lot of the mass of immigrants carry knifes ,we could not wait to get home and the city was very dirty , never again regards mr d. holehouse

By Abie
2008-05-02 10:17:54

I'm so disappointed to hear that Dublin has left such a bad impression on visitors. It's disgraceful that we don't have some measure to prevent harassment/begging on the streets. The immigrant problem has to be tackled properly. People - if this city is your home, treat it as such. Have more respect for it and please don't litter. We are supposed to be a progressive country interested in boosting our tourism and above all warmly welcoming guests who visit our shores. Not that it's any help, but perhaps leave it a few years and give us a second chance? Also, definitely worth travelling around Ireland more.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events