This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Driving to Galway

By Mike Brennan
2008-04-30 00:08:14

My family and I are landing @ the airport in Dublin at 5:30 one evening in June. We have reservations the same day in Cliffden, near Galway. We will rent a car, but wonder if we should stay overnite in Dublin that nite and travel next morning. What is the distance in Km and time?

By Judy
2008-05-01 20:08:13

It's about 190 miles (300km) from Dublin Airport to Clifden. It's a fairly long drive. I reckon at least 4 to 5 hours. If you're travelling on a Friday evening, it might take longer, as the number of travellers on the road would be higher. Obviously, it's a personal choice, but bear in mind you'd be driving in the dark for the last part of your trip. By the way, when you reach Galway City, it is still a fair trip out to Clifden after that - about another hour and a half? Clifden is lovely though, as is the rest of Connemara. Enjoy!

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events