This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Birth Certificate

By Paul
2008-05-26 10:09:15

I'm looking for my fathers birth certificate, he was born in or around the dublin area in nov 1941. Where can i look for this? Have not got any details of his parents at all only his details.

By Seoirse
2008-07-16 21:43:39

In the Republic of Ireland, official birth certificates are only issued by General Register Office Ireland (see for info). But they have no online ordering or searching service available.  
For family trees, photocopies of birth certificates are what you need, giving parents names and place of birth. For passport applications, full certified copies are required (more expensive).  
Depending on the uniqueness of his name (not Sean Murphy or similar), a manual search may be done quickly 
There are many good research agents with online ordering service available. See for details. Agents can then do the searching for you.

By aunt annie
2008-09-19 17:06:14

Re: Irish Birth Certificate

My husbands family came from Dublin and we are trying to trace back. We got Birth and Marriage certificates from here and ordered online. We were very happy with the service 
Good luck with your searching

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events