This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Holiday in Roscommon

By Mary Jenkinson
2009-03-14 13:24:32

I would like to take my family back to the part of Ireland we used to go to for our holiday every summer. We used to stay at my mother's farm in a small hamlet called Cloonfad (there are two Cloonfads, we went to the small less known one in the parish of Tibohine near Fairymount, between Ballaghaderreen and Castlerea). I'm not sure I will remember how to get to Cloonfad would I find it on a map and where would I get this? Does anybody have any information/tips on going to that area? Many thanks. (We will flying from Gatwick to Knock).

By joe
2009-03-30 08:25:45

Hello Mary, 
maybe this is helpful: 
Best regards Joe 

By gerardine mearon
2009-04-21 00:29:45

If you travel to Ballaghaderreen and make enquiries for Cloonfad, Tibohine I'm sure somebody will give directions and Failing that enquire for Fairymount Post Office and you are sure to be directed to Cloonfad. Hope you enjoy your holiday. Ger.

By Jackie
2009-05-23 22:25:26

Re: Holiday in Cloonfad, Tibohine, Roscommon

Visiting family in the Cloonfad you speak of this weekend. Back to US on Tuesday. If you write me there I'll try and help you out.

By F McCann
2009-06-19 21:28:13

Just read your message, was curious did you find Cloonfad, Tibohine. We are natives, so if we can help, call Paddy in the Post Office +353 94 98 70241 - will be glad to help

By gerard coghlan
2009-06-24 11:30:12

I am visiting Ireland in Aug.2009 
and I would like to vist Ballyroddy 
and Portaghard,can anybody help please. 
thank gerard

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events