This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Places to stay with 4kids in Nth Ireland

By Maree
2009-03-31 11:11:19

Our group is 1 set of G/parents (not elderly) and my husband&I &chn(9-4yrs).Is it best to hire cottages for a few days at a time and do day trips or keep moving on to cover the north (5-6 day stay in total).Are their any must see spots?I have no concept of size of area/time it would take to travel?

By Judy
2009-04-02 09:43:26

For what it's worth, I've travelled around the north of Ireland with my family (2 parents/2 kids) and here are a few ideas... The Antrim coast is fabulous; Giant's Causeway and Carrick a Rede "Rope Bridge" worth a visit. Port Stewart (Co Derry) is a lovely seaside town nearby. Belfast is probably worth visiting too - we stayed in Benedict's Hotel, which had an executive room (very reasonable, very comfortable) which had double bed & two sofa beds. The Odyssey Centre has "W5" which most kids love (science museum). Carlingford (further down on the east coast is beautiful but probably not as much for the kids unless you book for the Adventure Centre). Dungiven Castle in County Derry is a great base to explore from also. They have family rooms (very reasonable also) and, as far as I know, you can do self catering or b&b/meals etc. Good Luck!

By Maree
2009-04-03 00:19:27

Thanks, Judy.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events