This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Visiting Ireland

By Suzanne
2010-02-17 11:36:43

From the age of 5 until the age of 12 I lived in Dublin (Stillorgan). My parents returned to England in 1959 and I have never been back since although every year I say I want to go back and see where I grew up. I have now retired and have just bought a motorhome so the first holiday I want to take is a trip down 'memory lane' I want to see where I grew up, see my old school, walk along the streets where I used to play as a child. My only problem is that I have read on forums that motorhomes are not welcomed in Ireland and this has worried me. I really want to do this trip and have been so looking foward to it. Please tell me if we would not be welcome in a motorhome.

By Ireland West Motorhomes
2010-03-01 21:35:12

hi suzanne,i am pretty sure you will be welcomed with open arms in a motorhome in ireland.i admit i dont have a great knowledge of the dublin area but if you stick to the camping sites there should be no problem. if you head out west there are great camping sites widely available in beautiful locations.many of which i have had the pleasure of staying in. 
hope this helps, 
kevin ryan

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events