This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Dublin at Christmas

By nancy
2010-08-25 18:02:10

A friend and I are coming from Detroit to Dublin for the holidays, looking for any good and specific information about Christmas Day. We know everything is closed and we know what the weather will be like. Any suggested restaurants open, any special Christmas Eve or Day masses, etc. are appreciated. Also, are the horse races on the 26th worth attending? Thanks for your input -

By Marian
2010-08-28 20:08:49

If I were you I would think twice about coming to Dublin for Christmas. Christmas is very family orientated and hardly any place is open, transport could be a prob. as well.

By Sean
2010-08-29 11:14:04

There is a lovely Mass in the Pro Cathedral (just off O'Connell) Street with the Palestrina choir based on a famous composer e.g. Mozart. It is on Christmas morning

By nancy
2010-09-01 22:28:14

Sean, thanks for the suggested Mass. We know we'll have the city to ourselves if we're there on Christmas Day. Another opportunity is to come just after and stay through New Year's. We're old enough not to want the crazy places like in Scotland, but I think there could still be a good bit of fun and plenty of beverages to be had in Dublin then!

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events