This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Geneology - Manion / Manion and Mahan Ireland / Leeds

By Belinda
2010-09-11 23:46:28

Hi there, I have just found out that I have Irish links which I am completely surprised about yet intrigued to find out more. My g-grandfather was Dennis Manion b1863 Leeds (parents Michael Manion b1831 Ireland and Margaret ?? b1837 Ireland). Their other children were John, Joseph, Mary Ann and Edward. My g-grandfather Dennis married my g-grandmother Margaret Mahon in 1885 Leeds - she was born 1864 Leeds. Her parents were John Mahon and Bridget ?? both born 1845 Ireland. Their other children were Michael and Annie Mahan.  
I have no idea what part of Ireland they are from as the census information I have found does not indicate anything at all - or indeed why both sets of families moved to Leeds - there is probably some historic event that I am completely unaware of (not being very knowledgable) but any information would be really appreciated. This may be where my daughter's red hair comes from!!

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events