This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

The True Ambassadors of Ireland

By Theresa Taylor
2010-11-21 23:06:50

Re: A True Ambassador of Ireland – Joe O’Connor, Royal Irish Tours 
The experience of my first and recent trip to Ireland has compelled me to write to you to celebrate one of your front line ambassadors who has a tremendous impact on Ireland’s tourism industry. 
A little background: I recently traveled to your country with my 76-year-old mother whose grandparents came from Ireland in 1846 during the famine. It was a life long dream of hers to visit her ancestral homeland to unearth our Irish heritage. We traveled from June 18 to July 3 with Royal Irish Tours, as we felt a guided coach tour would be our best method of seeing the most of Ireland. There were 41 persons on this tour, all having some sort of Irish connection.  
What we experienced far exceeded our expectations. We feel this was primarily due to the excellent ambassador your country has in Joe O’Connor, tour guide and driver for Royal Irish Tours. Should your country recognize the efforts that front line ambassadors do for your industry, I feel he is a top runner.  
Mr. O’Connor was devoted to his band of tourists. He was there to help us reconnect with our roots, to understand where our ancestors came from and the hardships that brought them to Canada, and to love Ireland as ours. I believe he succeeded. His professionalism, in conducting "my job" as he would say, allowed all of us to have a worry-free holiday. He was our teacher, our protector, confidant and friend. In our first group gathering, he gave us his cell number should we need assistance day or night. Over and above being our tour guide, Joe O’Connor was there for each and every one of us, daily helping with travel arrangements, personal trials and trivialities, choices from restaurants, entertainment, shopping, pubs and churches, and of course all the public toilets of Ireland. He was most informative, entertaining and a true gentleman. I think we lucked out on our guide. We were all so very blessed.  
As an entrepreneur, consumer, and, in this case, a visitor to your country, I feel that exemplary service should be acknowledged and rewarded. I hope that your department will recognize Joe O’Connor, tour guide with Royal Irish Tours, as an Ambassador Extraordinaire who sells Ireland to the world. I have shared my feelings about Mr. O’Connor with fellow members or our tour group. Please find attached additional tributes to our outstanding tour guide. 
Based on my experience, I will return to the homeland of my ancestors in the near future and bring others, telling them, “Don’t wait to see Ireland, come as soon as you can get there.” This was an amazing vacation that I will recommend to everyone. Ireland I toast you and your Ambassador Joe O’Connor.  
Theresa E. Taylor  
cc: Royal Irish Tours  
att: Endorsements of Joe O’Coonor by Additional Tour Participants 
Endorsements of Joe O’Connor by Additional Tour Participants  
Dear Mrs. Taggart: 
This gentleman, and I repeat GENTLE MAN, Joe O'Connor has to be one of the greatest treasures Ireland will ever have. 
He surpasses all expectations one could ever have of a guide, friend, teacher or person. During the tour June18th-July 3rd, 2010, he displayed more courtesy, knowledge, humor and compassion than I have ever seen before. 
If you have a medal for excellence please present it to Joe O'Connor, he is a gem in the crown of Ireland. 
Yours; The Fetterley's. 
Your letter and sentiments have captured what I’ve said to friends in relating our tour of Ireland. Thank you for formalizing it to the tourist boards and Royal Irish Tours. 
Bill Menzel 
Hi Theresa,  
Thank you so very much for writing this about Joe. I agree...and I tell everyone....he was/IS the BEST!!!!! (It was our very first bus tour, but I can't imagine anyone better than Joe).  
You said it all so well. I wouldn't know what to add. 
Thanks so much, 
I concur. He was a great individual and guide as well as an ambassador for Ireland. I also think that letters to Royal Irish Tours are in order too so they know what a treasure they have in their employee. Joe was exceptional and his employers should be aware of his value to their company. I would love to take another tour with him. 
Val and Jan De Vries  
Great letter Theresa! I think you have done a fantastic job of expressing the view of all of us on the tour, I don't think we could add anything further (and we certainly would take nothing away!) Thanks for taking the initiative to recognize Joe. He most certainly deserves it! 
Best regards, 
Sharon & Jack 

By Theresa Taylor
2010-11-21 23:08:45

Will be hosting a group to Ireland August 12, 2011 to Aug 27, 2011 via Royal Irish Tours. An invitation to join us.

By Audree (Gawley) Speziale
2012-07-10 02:17:14

My sister, cousin & I have just finished a 15 day Royal Irish Tour around Ireland with Joe O'Connor as our Tour Guide/Driver. We cannot say enough about this incredible man. He made our trip absolutely wonderful and never to be forgotten. Royal Irish Tours should definitely give this man every tribute possible. Thank you Joe. Our next trip to Ireland must have Joe as our guide. July 9, 2012.

By Brian Whelan
2012-07-10 08:54:31

The True Ambassadors of Ireland

Great to get feedback and to know of recommendable companies (and individuals) doing a good job of flying the flag. 
Brian (Dublin Visitors

By Jennifer hammond
2014-06-13 04:52:41

Re: The True Ambassadors of Ireland

I just returned from my 15 day shamrock Royal tour. I was also blessed to have Joe O'Connor as my tour guide! What can I say that hasn't already been said! Joe is a gem of a man and holds a very special place in my hart! I traveled alone to Ireland and was a bit younger then the majority of the other travellers! Joe made sure that I was always having fun! His joe isms as we called them would make your day " drive it like you stole it misses" " if you hear the bang, your too late" and " there's another organ donor"! Joe just didn't point things out he explained and taught us every step of the way! I guess that's the former educator in him! He lit up when he told us about the history of Ireland! I was unfortunate to get very sick my last 4 days of my trip and Joe made sure that I was ok! Always checking on me and asking if I needed anything! Being so far way and sick, Joe made it much easier! Thank you Joe O'Connor! You are the best nuttin but the best!

By Carol
2016-10-28 17:58:50

Ireland's Treasure... Joe O'Connor

What a lovely man your Joe O'Connor is. As said by many, he is enlightening, efficient, entertaining and extraordinarily determined to make your visit to Ireland an exceptional experience. ''Tis the luck of Royal Irish to have such a caring and giving guide and driver. We continue to quote Joe years after our tour and reflect on the great craic we all had. He enjoyed our teasing of his accent and took delight in listening to the limericks he'd challenge do us to write.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events