This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

COOKE family at DUNDRUM in 1837

By Brenda NEY
2011-02-08 02:39:53

My great grandfather William COOKE born 1835 at Dundrum, Tipperary migrated to Australia about 1860 and died in 1912. He had brothers Michael born unknown but died in Canada in 1892, and Richard born 1827 at Mooresfort, Tipperary migrated to Australia in 1849 and died in 1900, John born unknown also migrated to Australia. There possibly was a sister Elizabeth who stayed in Ireland. 
The information I am looking for is where/what church in Dundrum William may have been baptised in to apply for a copy of any records they may have. 
Both William and Richard were married in the Church of England in Australia. 
Also, any ideas where I may apply for records of Mooresfort and Dundrum, as both were estates. Dundrum was part of the Lord Haworth empire (was he also in Wales?)  
Their parents were John COOKE 1801-1850 and Elizabeth, formerly SEAWARD 1794-1850 and married at Mooresfort. 
Griffiths Valuation shows John COOKE had 1 acre in Dundrum (his home) and 1 acre in Gary Duff East - probably for agriculture (potatoes?). 
I live near Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, and would VERY MUCH appreciate ANY information/suggestions proffered. 
Many thanks and cheers from a Queensland recently experiencing floods and cyclones - but we are a resilient lot, and will come up smiling!! ...........Brenda

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events