This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Someone Might Know Hopefully

By Therese Frances Voorn
2011-03-26 02:20:20

My parents were Dorothy Helen Byrne and Francis James Connors. They are deceased. We are all Catholic. My father also known as Frank or Jim fought for the Australian/British Infantry in WW!!. He was a Rat of Tobruk and also fought on the Kokoda track. His Mother was Annie Foster (I am not sure where in Ireland she was born). Her husband (my gf) I think died in action in France during WW!. His name was James Connors. I think 3 Connors children were born in Ireland Francis (my dad), Gertrude and possibly Joan. 
My gm Annie must have migrated to Australia, remarried Arthur Scullen and had a total of 13 children. They lived in Kogarah NSW. 
My mother Dorothy Helen's mother was Ellen Helen Byrne (nee Schivver). She was an Ashkenazie Jew and I assume they moved to safety to French Canada during WW1. 
She was a beautiful lady, married I don't know who but she is buried in Queensland Australia as Ellen Helen Byrne. She died aged 36 leaving my mother Dorothy, also beautiful (Dot), Robert (Bob, the eldest) and Marie orphaned. It was a desperate death (accidental or suicide) as my gf had another wife ? in Melbourne. 
I have some evidence of a Ellen Helen departing from England ? destination in Australia. 
I met Theresa in Victoria ? my mother's step-sister I think and I am assuming Mary and Nell were also step-sisters. There was a brother Jack too. 
I'm 65 and very ill but would love to know a little more about Ellen Helen, my step grandfather. And James Connors and any of the Foster clan. We don't ask enough questions or listen carefully when young. Such a shame. 
Thanks for reading all of this.

By Wendy, kildare, Ireland
2015-04-27 15:52:29

a website that may be of use to you is it is free, you can try get more details like the year of birth give or take.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events