This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Abbington House B and B, Drumcondra

By Lindsay Sommer
2011-09-03 09:26:17

We called from Galway to Abbington House B and B, having googled central Bed and Breakfasts in Dublin. I spoke to the owner and specifically asked about parking and he assured me they had parking for guests. I could not get hold of the owner all the way into Dublin and consequently spent a very frustrating 2 hours driving trying to find the place. I had called numerous times and left messages for the owner to call me back. Eventually we arrived in this run down neighbourhood close to a busy railway track. We would not have stayed but were tired of driving and did not know where else to go. The parking turned out to be on street (in a run down road) so we had to unpack everything from our car which we had specifically wanted to avoid. A man who could virtually not speak English eventually arrived after a long wait - the doorbell did not work and when I tried to call the number again, could not get hold of the owner. The final straw was when I asked about breakfast standing right next to a diningroom with made up tables and cereal jars visible and was told that they had nobody to do breakfast and therefore breakfast was not included. The room and facilities were very good but why bother when everything else was so bad. Oh, we even had to ask twice for a small bar of soap. Definitely not a good impression of Irish hospitality.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events