This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Getting across to the lake isle of innisfree

By Liz McGranahan
2012-06-05 18:34:07

How do I get to the lake isle of innisfree? A few years ago we did a walk that took us to a house where the farmer did trips to the isle. is this service still available?

By Tom
2012-06-15 01:47:54

Well liz, you can drive yourself to see it and look at the island from the pier, but if its the boat you want then that actually leaves from the other side of the lake at parkes castle in leitrim, or at least thats where it used to leave from assuming it still goes.

By Tom
2012-06-15 01:50:28

I live up the road from the lake and i dont think it possible to actually get onto the island anymore unfortunately.

By ralph
2015-05-22 08:37:20

What are the coordinates (latitude and longitude) of the isle of Innisfree, and how big is it? What is really there? Thank you.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events