This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Ascension day - what's open?

By Ingrid
2004-12-21 11:55:24

Hi, all! A friend and I are planning a trip to Dublin in early May 2005. In Norway where we live, Ascension Day (May 5) is a holiday and shops and such are closed. Is that the case in Dublin as well? What about pubs? I suppose what I'm really asking is if we can expect to have fun in Dublin on this day or if we're better off planning other dates. :) Thanks for any answers!

By Mary
2004-12-22 00:49:06

Ascension Day in Ireland

Hi,

Ascension day is not celebrated in Ireland (except in church). Shops and everything else have business as usual. Hope you enjoy your visit. If I can help with any other info, please e-mail!
Mary

By Ingrid
2004-12-28 13:32:38

Mary, thank you! Just the answer I was hoping for. :)

Ingrid

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Subject:
Please enter the two words into the textbox above. This helps prevent spam messages being posted to our message board.

Find Accommodation

Type:
Dest:
Arrive:
Depart:

Ireland Events

To:
County:
Type: