This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Birth Certificate

By Patricia
2005-01-31 11:52:38

My dad was born in Ireland and requires an original copy of his long form birth certificate. He was born in Rooskey, Co Roscommon. Can you let me have the address of the Registrar's Office.

By Seoirse
2008-01-07 00:28:25

Photocopies and certified birth Certificates are issued by General Register Office Ireland - see for details. There is no online search facility or ordering service.  
There are many good research agents with online ordering service available. See for details

By Sandra Mullen
2008-01-11 15:26:07

Hi Trish, 
you can send to the  
COUNTY ROSCOMMON HERITAGE & GENEALOGY CO. CHURCH ST. STROKESTOWN, CO ROSCOMMON. My McLAUGHLINS are from that area, and I found this address. Hope its helpful. 

By Seoirse
2008-01-15 18:21:31

In the Republic of Ireland, birth, marriage & death certificates are issued by General Register Office Ireland (see They are the only state body that can issue official certified copies of birth certificates. They do not yet have an online ordering service. You can download forms, fill in and post to them for processing. Turnaround can take between two and four weeks. 
Genealogical centres in each county may have copies of the indexes that the GRO uses. They may also have copies of the church registers of baptisms. But these are only useful for family research. 
There are many good research agents with online ordering service available. See for details. Agents can then do the manual searching and retrieval for you.

By trish
2008-02-21 22:35:11

Hi if you log on to an irish company that will post you out your birth death or marriage certificate to you anywhere in the world 
once you were Born Married or Passd away in the Re public of Ireland its an online and phone order service we tried it its wonderful well done guys

By Mary Kane Durley
2009-01-21 03:38:26

I would like the marriage of Cornelius Keane and Mary O'Leary who married at Drimoleague or Caheragh Catholic Church. I do not have a month day or year however. There first child, Daniel was born in 1829 so that would be a time table. Would like to know the parents of Cornelius Keane and Mary 
O'Leary also. 
Senior Citizen doing for family history

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events