This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

The ancient Fir Bolg of Eire

By Bulgarian
2005-03-21 23:19:27

Can someone help me with more info on the early settlers of Ireland known as fir bolg ? 
The names of fir bolg kings are mostly the same as those of the founders of modern Bulgaria- the bulgars. 
Fir bolg kings have names like Symeon,Beoan,Omor,Adar. 
Bulgaria wa founded in 681 A.D and we have names of kings like...Baian(Beoan),Batbaian,Symeon,Umor,Umortag etc. 
The capital city of the fir bolg was Tara,i.e fort,fortress in the tongue of the bulgars. 
Our last capital before Sofia was Tarno(Veliko Tarnovo} meaning the grand fortress. 
The bulgars of Bulgaria were melted into the more numerous slavs. 
There are hundreds of old bulgar words that remained in the modern bulgarian language along with words of other inhabitants of our lands - thracians,goths,alani. 
Thanks for any information you can provide and sorry for me being here.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events