This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

irish ferries

By lucky
2005-04-28 13:40:26

hi, can anyone tell me how good or bad it is travelling with Irish Ferries? I would like to try out the Cherbourg-Rosslare route and I'm looking for some information. Plz let me know if anyone ever experienced it. Plus I would like to know how the sailig is (rough? guess it depends on the weather) it would be great if you could help me out THANKS A MILL

By Marcia
2005-05-02 15:20:05

Irish Ferries

Just took the trip on April 1! The trip was absolutely wonderful. Food and wine good or pack a lunch which it seems is allowed. Many people eating their own lunch in the dining room. Met nice people. Felt a bit claustrophic in the sleeping chairs as inside and no windows. Lots of backpackers. Since there were 3 of us we got a room which included complete bath at reasonable price-only they do not tell you that the cleaning crew wakes u up at 8a.m. and will open your locked door on the second knock so be sure to angle your ladder off the corner! Enjoy. We would do it again. We took the train from Paris to Cherbourg in the morning and then walked from the train station to the ferry-I would recommend taking a taxi as we were directed along the water and walked a few miles around to find the entrance. We did have luggage.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events