This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

age in pubs

By Dell Kendall
2005-10-11 15:27:12

i'm planning a trip to ireland in april 06. my son is going, age 15 years, and we were wondering what the rules were for minors in pubs. we loved going to family pubs in london, but they were few and far between. he won't have alcohol, but we want to eat in them. my husband and mother will be along as well, and we'd like a pint or two!

By Ste
2005-10-17 09:02:04

your son is allowed into Irish Pubs until 9pm at night. The law states that anyone under the age of 18 is not alowed on licensed premises after this time.

By Editor
2005-10-17 11:57:56

Note: Individual pubs may set earlier times at their discretion. Most pubs in the city centre won't allow children after 6 or 7pm on Friday/Saturday nights. Usually a little more lenient during the week.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events