This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Honeymoon ruined

By G
2005-12-08 20:13:05

What to do? 
In JULY, I booked a suite at The Four Seasons Dublin (an executive suite, the smallest one) on the 4th floor with a view of the Dublin bay for the 2 nights after our wedding (Dec 3rd and 4th). And a "superior room" on Dec 2nd. We are getting married in Dublin on the 3rd and figured the superior room would be fine for getting ready, etc.. 
We are actually arriving in Ireland on Dec 29 and staying at the O'Callaghan apartments, then 3 nights at the Four Seasons, then back to the apartments for another week. 
At any rate, I called this morning to confirm our reservations. The woman told me that they are doing renovations at that time and I'll only be able to get a suite on the 1st floor!! Needless to say, I am VERY disappointed. This is our honeymoon and there will be construction going on??! She said "only Monday - Friday" and I said, "Well that's when we'll be there! And she said "only between the hours of 9am - 5pm" and I said, Miss, This is my HONEYYMOON, we'll be staying IN all day". 
That's one of the reason's I'm shelling out $600 a night, is for the beautiful view and the quiet. I asked if they could at least upgrade us/give us a few perks for our trouble and disappointment, and she said the best they can do is give us the executive suite for the night of the 2nd as well, which really doesn't mean much as we can't check in until 3pm and will be spending all that day and evening with family - we'll hardly even be in there but for to sleep and get ready as our wedding is the next morning. 
What should I do? Is there another hotel in Dublin that is as beautiful where we could stay? Or should I just deal with the situation and hope for the best?  
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events