This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Driving around Ireland

By Rita Wilson
2006-01-06 04:44:33

Hi, my husband & I along with his brother & wife are planning a driving holiday around Ireland between June-August 2007. I have never been overseas on a holiday before so I am really looking forward to the experience. 
Another reason is Ireland is the birthplace of my maternal side of the family - O'Leary's from Co.Cork also my paternal side of Monaghan's from Co.Sligo, so I will be very interested in visiting places in Cork & Sligo where they came from. 
We would like to rent a cottage somewhere in the south for about 9 days and just go sight-seeing each day, if we have to stay over-night at anytime that's not going to bother us, then do the same in the north for about 9 days.  
I would really appreciate any suggestions as I know the distances between each place in Ireland is not great, and coming from Australia where we are used to travelling large distances, I'm sure we are going to love every minute of our holiday. 
I would really appreciate any sugections - be it places to stay, see or even perhaps what the cost might be. 
Australia to Ireland, 
Kind regards, 

By Carol Kiley
2006-02-17 21:35:20

Try HoSeasons, my brother stayed in one of their cottages and loved it! Good luck.

By Conor OToole
2006-02-18 20:27:11

Hi Guys, There is numerous ways to travel here in our lovely country,but if I may make a suggestion, why mot book a inclusive tour for a week or so covering certin parts of the country and then maybe hire a car for the second half. It means everyone can enjoy at least one whole week without any driving.  
Bare in mind there is so much to see in Ireland so I would suggest maybe decide on certin definite places and then fit other places in around them. We do itinery planning and also chauffeur tours so if you need any more info, drop us a line  
You can book through different companies for your accommodation and get vouchers for them to use as you go along. The hotels range from midrange prices to very expensive depending on the grade and facilities, bnb are around 35/40 euro and do have the avantage of a personnel service, then the self catering ,is just that you look after yourself. 
Enjoy your planning, it will be worth it 

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events