This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

LEE family of Clifden

By Kathleen
2006-02-14 18:59:02

Hello, does anyone know of James Lee (my grandfather) who owned a farm in Clifden certainly through the 1880s-1920s? I know that Marconi stayed with my Lee relatives when he was there for the radio tower (early 1900s) and that the Bishop would stay with my family too. The home was turned into a resort by my cousin, Bernard Lee. My grandmother was Delia Lee born 29 Jun 1893.

By Christopher
2006-02-17 15:28:40

Hi Kathleen,  
Have you considered posting your query at This site has a membership in the region of 27-30000 amateur genealogists who are very enthusiastic. Many people, when they post a message on this site are staggered both by the speed at which they begin to receive replies and also the number of replies received .  
Best Wishes, Christopher

By Tom Manz
2009-03-18 16:46:59

My wife's grandmother was Delia (Lee) Murphy. Her great grandfather was James Lee from Clifden. Delia was born 29 Jun 1893. She came to USA about 1913, settled in Pittsburgh, PA and marrried Patrick Murphy. Her mother was Bridget Moghan (sic)

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events