This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

By b donoghue
2006-03-03 02:16:45

I am researching my g.g grandfather and believe he was born in Kilquade or Mungret. I cannot find these places on a map and would appreciate any guidance available

By Conor OToole, Executive Travel services
2006-03-03 14:22:12

I cant find Kilquade but there is a mungret in Limerick near the shannon estuary.

By Editor
2006-03-03 14:29:19

Kilquade is located in the east of the country, just south of Dublin, in County Wicklow.

By conor o'toole
2006-03-04 00:18:27

Thanks for the info.Is Mungret a town in its own right or is it a suburb of Limerick. If the former would they have a Register of Births Death and marriages??. I am planning a trip to Ireland in June and would include Mungret in the itinerary if worthwhile. Meanwhile many thanks for your help.

By Editor
2006-03-04 00:25:17

Thank you for your reply. Is Kilquade a town in its own right or is it a suburb of Dublin. If the former is it likely to have a register of Births Deaths and Marriages. Thanks once again

By joe
2006-03-05 02:08:14

Kilquade is not even a village, it is a "townland" in County Wicklow - you wont find it on any map bar a really detailed Goverment "Ordinance Survey" map 
Good point - its about 30 minutes drive from Dublin so its easy to get to - if you are looking for death/marriage type stuff always go to the local Catholic Church in the area - they have records going back to the year dot

By Joe
2006-03-07 06:21:06

Thanks for the info Joe.What is a "townland" ? perhaps I would have a better idea if you could tell me some idea of the population.Im guessing that its something like what we would call a suburb ie a suburb of Dublin. 
Have you heard of Mungret as that may be the place where my G G grand father was born. 
You mention that the best place to get details of Births would be a Catholic Church. Do you know whether either place would have a Cath. Church and if so how I might contact them. Kind regards barry

By Barry D
2006-03-28 06:37:08

Could somebody please let me know the size of Kilquade and Mungret near Dublin and whether either has a Register of Births Deaths and Marriages. Would either place have a Catholic Church ??

By Barry D
2006-03-31 02:05:01

Since nobody has responded to my enquiry I think that I might have left a dot out of my return email address. I am certain that someone must know some detail about Kilquade and Mungret and I would appreciate any detail.

By Sarah
2006-08-23 14:55:02

hi Barry, 
You have probably found out where Kilquade is at this stage. It is a townland in Co. Wicklow. It is part of the parish of Newtownmountkennedy which is a village. Kilquade itself does not have a village, just rural houses. I think you can find the information you require by contacting Wicklow County Council in Wicklow town 

By dermot
2007-10-01 15:53:53

Hi, The wicklow Kilquade though not a village contains, 'The Russian Village'. Former President O Dalaigh used to live there. It really is quite beautiful. Before the concept of gated communities it was a refuge for ex pat brits who didn't want to mix with the locals. Prosperous Paddies have reclaimed it.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events