This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Dublin address

By Sam
2006-04-23 12:31:59

Would someone please explain to me what the number after each Dublin address means? (e.g. Dublin 9). Is this a postcode, or does it represent how many miles from the city centre, or...? 
I am planning my trip to Ireland and thought this may have some influence on where to book my accommodation in Dublin. 
Thanks, in anticipation of someone helping me out. 
Sam 
Australia

By lyn
2006-04-23 13:09:38

sam, 
this is a post code. a bit of advice re accomodation- the temple bar area hotels are nice but can be a bit more expensive than others in the city. arlington hotel has lotsa entertainment and rates are good.

By IrishTourist.com Editor
2006-04-23 15:47:48

Lyn is correct, this is a postal district. We have a map outlining the postal districts here.

By william kearns
2006-10-25 20:10:52

carrick-on-suir

do carrick-on-suir or tipperary have a postal code/s.

By Janet
2009-10-23 02:14:39

The postcode of Ireland, what is that?  
You know someone?  
I've looked everywhere but could not be found, they brew dringent.  
Please help me.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Subject:
Please enter the two words into the textbox above. This helps prevent spam messages being posted to our message board.

Find Accommodation

Type:
Dest:
Arrive:
Depart:

Ireland Events

To:
County:
Type: