This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Great Grandmother Honorah O'Sullivan from Blackrock

By May Hill
2006-04-24 17:47:55

My Great Grandmother Honorah O'Sullivan left Blackrock to work as a milkmaid in Whitecastle for a family by the name of Larmour in the 1880's. She eloped with one of the sons and settled in Derry never seeing her family again. My grandmother Mary Bridget Larmour Lowther McMahon and my mom Norah McMahon came to the US in the 1950's. I have always wondered how I could find out about the family history but don't know where to begin. I'm sure I still have distant relatives in the area and would love to know where to begin. I don't know Honorah's parent's names and I think she was probably born in the 1860's. If anyone can tell me where to start looking I would appreciate it.  
Sincerely, 
May Hill 
Burlington, NC 
USA

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Subject:
Please enter the two words into the textbox above. This helps prevent spam messages being posted to our message board.

Find Accommodation

Type:
Dest:
Arrive:
Depart:

Ireland Events

To:
County:
Type: