This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Bringing pets from the EU

By Loretta
2006-05-05 10:45:45

I will be visiting Ireland in July, and wish to bring my cat with me. He has a Pet Passport and all of the rabies shots needed. 

I currently live in the EU already. Will the cat need to be quarantined upon arrival since I will have his Pet Passport? Are there minimum requirements showing how long ago the rabies shot needs to have been given? 

Many thanks!

By IrishTourist.com Editor
2006-05-05 10:46:54

Hi, 

Details of the criteria which a pet must meet to avoid quarantine are listed at: 
http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/index.jsp?file=pets/travel.xml 

If your cat meets the criteria listed, you should be able to bring him to Ireland without difficulty or quarantine. 

On that page are contact details for the Department of Agriculture here in Ireland, who are more qualified to answer any further questions you may have. 

David

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Subject:
Please enter the two words into the textbox above. This helps prevent spam messages being posted to our message board.

Find Accommodation

Type:
Dest:
Arrive:
Depart:

Ireland Events

To:
County:
Type: