This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Drumcondra & Ballsbridge

By Heidi
2006-08-10 04:01:26

Looking for a B&B or Guest House. We seem to afford those listed in Drumcondra or Ballsbridge. I want to know really - how far is it into Dublin city (say Trinity College) - is it close enough to walk? Will my rental car be safe parked on the street? Also, where can I find what the B&B and hotel ratings mean - say #2 or #3? 
Thanks so much.

By Alan
2006-08-10 16:32:21

Ballsbridge would be a more upmarket area to stay in but drumcondra is close to the city too. For brisk walkers, Its only a fifteen minute walk into the city from Ballsbridge.  
More street parking around Ballsbridge.

By conor otoole
2006-08-10 19:57:29

Hi Guys, First of all you cant park cars on the street in the city centre really, there are plenty of car parks allright. As for accommodation near the city, the closer you get to the city the dearer it will be. Ballsbridge would be one of the dearest areas to stay. There is bewleys hotel there which does very good room rates but the bnb are all very busy. There is some hotels in and around the city which are not that expensive, jurrys inn, clarion, and there are some others too. The 2* 3* are ratings and you can expect good service and ensuite rooms with cooked breakfast in all 3* bnb or hotels. If you go to the failte ireland or AA sites you might get some more about ******

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events