This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to show relevant advertising, and as part of the online booking process. For more information, see our Cookie Policy. By continuing without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to accept cookies.

Planning Ireland trip - help please

By Julie
2006-09-12 13:21:22

Hello from Australia 
My husband and I are planning to have 5 nights in Ireland in March 2007. I'd like to visit Roscrea, Moyne, Thurles, Rock of Cashel, (Tipperary) Kilmihil clare, Waterford and Blarney Stone. Wouls Thurles be a good base to do this from or could someone suggest a better location. 
We would be hiring a car. 
Also which airport would be best to fly into - possibly from Leeds or London 
Thank you very much 

By emer
2006-09-26 19:48:38

Hi there, I would certainly fly into waterford airport, its excellent.We have used it to fly to France the last three years.It is small and lovely! Exactly what you want, to cut out the hours getting out of dublin. I avoid Dublin airport when I can! Four or five makes a queue at this place! You are only 10 mins to waterford city or to dunmore east( a quaint harbour village,where one of maeve Binchys films was made). Hope you make it and have a great time.dont forget your brolly and your sunglasses!

By Maura
2006-10-16 03:11:09

Trip to Ireland 
I would travel to Shannon as it is only about 35 miles from Kilmihil. Iam a Kilmihil native living in New York. Would like to hear from as to who you will be visiting in that great little village. Have a wonderful time.

Post a Message!

Your message, and all details you enter below, will be published to the message board for others to read and reply to.

E-Mail: (optional)

Find Accommodation

Ireland Events