About BELFAST HISTORY and CULTURE TOUR
Tour Code: 102681P2
Duration: 90 minutes
Prepare for your adventure will a local guide who will take you on a tour of the world famous Belfast murals where you will learn how the troubles/conflict began, of daily gun battles and explosions!
Discover the poignant and politically charged artworks that adorn Belfast’s streets on this 2 hour tour of the Belfast murals. Learn about the city’s compelling street art and how its striking murals marked the conflicts and protests of The Troubles of Northern Ireland. See the colourful murals created by both the Nationalist and Loyalist communities, including the notorious Peace Wall, featuring the signatures of the Dalai Lama and President Clinton.
- PickUp from any Belfast City Hotel or Accommodation
- 2-hour guided tour of the Belfast murals
- Learn about The Troubles in Northern Ireland through Belfast’s striking street art
- See the famous Peace Wall and other unique murals
- Travel by Luxury Air Conditioned Minivan
- Small-group tour ensures a personalised experience
- This is a personal guided tour around the famous Belfast murals. Painted by ex-prisoners from both sides of the community, these murals tell individual stories of conflict, community strife, civil rights and unrest, stories of inspiration, prison protests and much more. Your guide, using local knowledge, will relate stories to you in an understandable format, using photographs/video from the 1960s onward depicting the neighborhoods you will visit. You can almost feel the atmosphere as you stand at the exact spots these events took place on over fifty years later in the present. Vehicles are new MPVs, fully air conditioned, comfortable and safe