The original tower house of Knappogue Castle was built by Sean Mac-Con MacNamara in 1467. During the 1641 rebellion the castle was occupied by Cronwellian forces. In the 18th and 19th centuries further additions were made to the original structure. The ca stle was abandoned in the 1920's and was restored by the Hon. Mark Edwin Andrews and his wife Lavonne in 1966. Today world famous Medieval Banquets are held at the castle. The Castle is also a popular location for wedding receptions, gala event and also h ouses a luxurious apartment which is available for rental.
Adults €5.50, Child €2.30, Students/OAP €2.95 (Peak Season rates). Family €12.95