Tour Code: 16620P4
Duration: 1 hour
A 1 hour cruise through the Killarney National Park proves to be a fascinating treat for all visitors. The fabulous, picturesque views of the Lakes, Islands and Castles of Killarney National Park that tell tales of the ancient history are definitely enchanting. What’s more, your cruise won’t be just any ordinary cruise - you will be enjoying the views all the while comfortably seated in a modern glass covered heated vessel.
A voyage on Lough Léin on the MV “Lily of Killarney” Lake cruiser with unique views of the lakes, islands and castles of Killarney National Park.
The enjoyable tour starts as you set off from the 15th century Ross Castle and cruise the Killarney National Park in the comfort and safety of a covered, heated and modern vessel.
Set off from Ross Castle and cruise past the ruins of St. Finian’s monastery on Innisfallen Island. Continue to the foot of the MacGillycuddy Reeks and view Ireland’s highest mountain, Carrauntoohil. Pass Ross Island and the Copper mines as the captain points out the unique flora of the area including the ancient Oak and Yew forests. You may be fortunate to see the magnificent Red Deer herds that roam the Killarney Valley and the long lost resident “The White Tailed Eagle” now soaring over the Lakes of Killarney.
The Lakes of Killarney Cruise is an enjoyable way to take in the lakes and mountains where you can peacefully relax and enjoy panoramic viewing of Killarney otherworldly lakes and majestic, magical mountains.
• Cruise in the comfort of a modern heated glass covered boat
• Learn about the area as your captain informs you on the flora & fauna of the area
• Gaze at the White tailed Eagle soaring over you
• Drift by the 6th century Innisfallen monastery founded by Augustinian monks
• Sail along the shore of the encircling mountain slopes and islands
• Learn about the ancient Copper Mines dating back 4000 years on Ross Island
Daily sailings from Ross Castle