"That old Georgian mansion" in the words of W.B. Yeats. This is fine example of Greek revival architecture formerly owned by the Gore-Booth family. It was built 1833 by architect Francis Goodwin for Robert Gore Booth and his family.
To preserve the simple classical design there are no outbuildings near the house and no attic.
Rooms in the house on view include the Bow Room, the Drawing Room, the Gallery, the Anteroom, the Imperial Staircase, the Billiard Room, and the First Floor West Rooms which are devoted to the works of the poet William Butler Yeats and his brother, the painter Jack Butler Yeats.
There is an admission fee.
Directions: 7km off the N4, north west of Sligo Town, well signposted.