he Mill House Restaurant is situated in the Parish of Kilmacow, one mile off the R448 Waterford/Kilkenny road and six miles from Waterford City. It is accessed down a tree-lined cul-de-sac. The House was built circa 1790 as a Mill House for the adjacent Greenville Mill. It was given a complete new front in the late 1800s by Browns the new mill owners and is now a haven of tranquillity set in about two acres of grounds.
In 2004, the owner, Kieran Laffan, converted part of the Mill house into an up-market Restaurant which can cater for up to forty places. A new extension was also added with windows on two sides opening on to the Rose Garden, Water Fountain and garden walk. In the winter, the Dining Room has the traditional welcoming open fire. The owner/chef does all the ordering and cooking himself which gives a consistent personal touch. He is the fourth generation of his family to live in this house.
It an ideal setting for family groups, christening parties, buffets, Communion, Confirmations etc.
Note: Map is an approximate indication ONLY. Please contact The Mill House Restaurant for directions and precise location prior to your visit.