Click on an icon to see full details of that listing, or scroll down to view all listings.
Lismore, Co Waterford, Ireland
The castle was built by King John in the 13th century. It was subsequently acquired by Sir Walter Raleigh in 1589 and since 1753 has been the home of the Dukes of Devonshire who reside there for five to six weeks per annum. For the remainder of th...
Read more about Lismore Castle and Gardens | View Map of Area | Photos
Great Island, Campile, Co Wexford, Ireland
Kilmokea is situated on the joint estuary of the Nore and the Barrow. The gardens, which cover almost 3ha, fall into two distinct parts. Around the house are the formal walled gardens and set into the stone wall a heavy wooden door leads you into ...
Read more about Kilmokea Gardens
Carlow Town, Co. Carlow, Ireland
This castle was built in the 13th century overlooking the Barrow. Unfortunately, much of it was destroyed in the 18th century and only two towers can be seen today.
Read more about Carlow Castle | View Map of Area | Photos
Stoney Cove, Dunmore East, Co Waterford, Ireland, X91 KD40
Purpose built adventure centre with full shoreside facilities and shop. Activities:archery, rockclimbing, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, coastal hiking, orienteering, team challenge programme. Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer pro...
Read more about Dunmore East Adventure Centre | View Map of Area
Cathedral Square, Waterford City, Co. Waterford, X91 TC66
Originally of Viking foundation, the present Church of Ireland edifice was designed by John Roberts in the 18th century.
Read more about Christ Church Cathedral Waterford
Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
An extensive Augustinian Priory founded in 1193. Adjacent is a large Mill, currently being restored, which will serve as a visitor centre & craft area
Read more about Kells Augustinian Priory | View Map of Area
The Quay, Waterford City, Co. Waterford, Ireland, X91 Y880
It is suggested that the site was established as early as 851. It houses the civic and maritime museum.
Read more about Reginald's Tower | View Map of Area
Ferns, Co Wexford, Ireland, Y21 D892
The castle was built in the 13th century, possibly by William, Earl Marshall. Originally, the castle formed a square, with large corner towers. Only half of the castle now remains. The most complete tower contains a fine circular chapel, with carved ornam
Read more about Ferns Castle | View Map of Area
Kilkenny City, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland, R95 YRK1
A 12th century castle remodelled in Victorian times and set in extensive parklands which was the principal seat of the Butler family, Marquesses and Dukes of Ormonde. Due to major restoration works, the central block now includes a library, drawing room,
Read more about Kilkenny Castle | View Map of Area
Kilkenny City, Co Kilkenny, Ireland, R95 V63H
The 13th century cathedral of St Canice is the second longest cathedral in Ireland . The site on which the cathedral stands has been a site of Christian worship since the 6th century...
Read more about Saint Canices Cathedral | View Map of Area | Photos
Ballyhack, Co. Wexford, Ireland, Y34 TN56
Ballyhack Castle is located on a steep slope in a commanding position overlooking Waterford estuary. The castle, a large tower house, is thought to have been built c. 1450 by the Knights Hospitallers of St. John, one of the two great military orders found
Read more about Ballyhack Castle
Kilmeaden Station, Kilmeaden, Co Waterford, Ireland, X91 DH93
Enjoy a 40 minute scenic trip on a narrow gauge railway along the banks of the River Suir, get a glimpse in to Mount Congreve Gardens and make a wish in the Magic Wood. Fun for all ages. Family fun events Wednesday and Sunday June to August
Read more about Waterford and Suir Valley Railway | Photos
Johnstown, Co. Wexford, Ireland, Y35 DA33
The National Museum of Agriculture and Rural Life is located in the former estate farmyard within the grounds of Johnstown Castle. A permanent exhibition on the Great Famine recently opened. Museum visitors can view the gardens. Admission.
Read more about Johnstown Castle | View Map of Area
Churchtown, Co. Wexford, Ireland, Y34 KD93
Built in the 13th century as a navigation aid by William Marshal, Earl of Pembroke, as a part of his development of his Lordship of Leinster. The massive structure has three stone vaulted chambers with a spiral stairway ascending through the wall.
Read more about Hook Lighthouse | View Map of Area