Opening Hours and Public Holidays
Below is a brief guide to usual opening hours across various sectors in Ireland. You may find shorter opening hours outside of the cities.
- Monday to Saturday: 0900 to 1800
- Thursday: Late opening until 2000 or 2100
- Sunday: Limited opening hours
- Please note these are only typical business hours; shops in popular and busier shopping areas often stay open longer.
- Monday to Thursday: 1030 to 2330
- Friday and Saturday: 1030 to 0030
- Sunday: 1230 to 2330
- Pubs are closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday.
Public Holidays in Ireland
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- Good Friday (Not a statutory holiday)
- Easter Monday
- May 1- May Day
- First Monday in June – Bank Holiday
- First Monday in August – Bank Holiday
- Last Monday in October – Bank Holiday
- December 25 – Christmas Day
- December 26 – St. Stephen’s Day