This town features a tower called “The Black Castle” which is a Norman tower, built in the 12th century.
Map of Leighlinbridge
Getting To and Around Leighlinbridge
For information on getting to and around Co. Carlow, see our Co. Carlow Transport Guide.
Public Transport to and around Leighlinbridge
Public transport route information is Irish Public Sector Data licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence
Places to Stay in Leighlinbridge
- The Lord Bagenal Inn Carlow Road
Things to Do in Leighlinbridge
- Old Leighlin Cathedral Old Leighlin, 2 miles west of Leighlinbridge
Places to Eat and Drink in Leighlinbridge
- Rachel's Garden Cafe (at Arboretum Leighlinbridge) Kilkenny Road
- The Garrison Bar & Restaurant Main Street
- The Lord Bagenal Restaurant The Lord Bagenal Hotel
- The Waterfront Restaurant & Bar The Lord Bagenal Hotel