County Cavan is located in the north of the island. While located in the Republic, it borders Northern Ireland. Cavan is sometimes referred to as the lakeland county and it is said that there is at least a lake for each day of the year. The landscape of County Cavan is a pleasant mix of low hills, rivers, lakes and marshland. The river Shannon begins its 400 kilometre journey to the Atlantic Ocean in Cavan.
Places to stay in Co. Cavan include Cavan Town (4), Kingscourt (1), Lough Gowna (1), Milltown (1), Mountnugent (1). Other towns include Arvagh, Bailieborough, Ballinagh, Ballyconnell, Ballyhugh, Ballyjamesduff, Bawnboy, Belturbet, Blacklion, Butlersbridge, Cootehill, Corlough, Killykeen, Kilnaleck, Mullagh, Mullahoran, Redhills, Swanlinbar, Virginia.
Map of Co. Cavan
Getting To and Around Co. Cavan
County Cavan is located a little over an hours' drive northwest of Dublin via the M3 tolled motorway. Details on getting to and around Co. Cavan can be found in our Co. Cavan Transport Guide.
Places to Stay in Co. Cavan
- Crover House Hotel & Golf Club Lough Sheelin
- Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort Farnham Estate
- Farnham House 38 Farnham Road
- Fitzpatrick's Tavern and Hotel Main Street
- Hawthorn Lodge Monea
- Hotel Kilmore Dublin Road
- Plantation Lodge Drumgill, Kells
- The Farnham Arms Hotel Main Street