A busy market town located near to several popular seaside resorts such as Inchadoney and Owenahincha. Fine 19th century mill buildings have been adapted for modern use, and now house the town library and County Council offices. Local planning authorities have encouraged the use of traditional hand painted signs with special emphasis on the Irish language on the business premises of the town.
Getting To and Around Clonakilty
For information on getting to and around Co. Cork, see our Co. Cork Transport Guide.
Bus to Clonakilty
- Bus routes operated by Bus ireann:
- Goleen (Post Office) - Cork (Bus Station - Parnell Place)
- Kent Station Cork - Goleen (Lobster Pot Bar)
- Cork (Bus Station - Parnell Place) - Kenmare (Main St Darcys Restaurant)
- Kenmare (Main St Darcys Restaurant) - Cork (Bus Station - Parnell Place)